Choosing a suit?, what you should consider before buying
As a man, you wear a suit to look professional and put together. A suit is an important part of your wardrobe because it can make or break an interview or business meeting. A poorly fitted suit will make you look sloppy and unprofessional, while one that fits well will give off the impression that you know what you're doing--and that's half the battle!
A good suit should fit snugly around all parts of your body: shoulders, chest and waist (no billowing fabric here). It should also have enough room for movement so there aren't any awkward bulges when sitting down or bending over. In addition to these basic measurements, there are other factors worth considering when choosing which style is right for you:
Choosing the Right Suit
- Fabric: One of the most important factors in choosing a suit is the fabric. The type of fabric will determine how well it holds up over time and how comfortable it is to wear.
- Color and Pattern: The colors and patterns you choose for your suit should be appropriate for the occasion, as well as flattering to your skin tone.
- Fit: It's important to find a suit that fits properly, so that you look professional at all times!
Accessorizing the Suit
- Ties: A tie is an essential accessory for any suit. It can be worn in many different ways, but the most common way is with a Windsor knot.
- Pocket squares: A pocket square adds color and style to your outfit, but it's also functional! You can use it as a handkerchief or just to make sure your shirt stays tucked in.
- Cufflinks: Cufflinks are small pieces of jewelry that hold together the cuffs on dress shirts and jackets so they don't fray over time (and look nicer). They come in all shapes and sizes--you should pick ones that match your personality!
- Belts/shoes: You might not think about how important shoes are until you see someone wearing mismatched ones or clunky boots with their suits; these things need to match each other perfectly if you want people looking at how great-looking YOU look rather than what shoes were chosen by mistake!
Business suits are a staple of the professional world. The suit is an outfit that can be worn in any situation, and it's important to choose one that fits your body type and style preferences. When you're shopping for a business suit, there are several things to keep in mind:
- Choose a color that complements your complexion and skin tone (for example, if you have fair skin with freckles or moles on your face). Avoid colors like black or navy blue because they will make you look washed out. Instead, opt for grayscale shades such as charcoal gray or eggplant purple instead of stark white shirts when wearing ties made from silk fabrics like linen or cotton blends with patterns like stripes or checks; these materials give off vibes similar to those found on old-fashioned uniforms worn by military personnel during times past--which means they'll work well with almost any kind of formal occasion!
Formalwear is a broad term that refers to any type of clothing worn for formal occasions. The most common type of formalwear is a suit, but there are other options that you can choose from depending on your budget and personal style.
The black-tie dress code is one example of a formal event where men wear suits with white shirts and ties (or bow ties). To avoid looking like you're wearing Halloween costume, it's important to get your suit tailored so that it fits well on your body. If the shoulders are too tight or if they pull across the chest when you move around, then this will make an unflattering impression on others at the event!
Suit Care and Maintenance
- Storing suits properly:
- Cleaning and pressing:
- Repairs and alterations
Now that you know how to find the right suit, it's time to put it on. The perfect suit will make you look good and feel comfortable. It's important to know what kind of fit works best for your body type so that when shopping for a new piece of clothing, you can ask questions about how they are made and what fabrics were used in order to get the best results possible.
When shopping online @ www.hughmcelvanna.com, remember these tips:
- Know what style suits work best for your body type (e.g., slim fit vs relaxed).
- Make sure that there is enough room around the chest area so that it doesn't look too tight but also doesn't have too much fabric hanging off from underneath where buttons would normally be located on other types of shirts/jackets worn underneath.
Purchasing a suit for a wedding or business is an important decision that should not be taken lightly. From the fabric and fit to the accessories, there are many things to consider when buying your suit. Ultimately, it's important to find a suit, that suits both you and the occasion, so that you can look your very best. So if you are looking for the perfect suit for a wedding or business, give us a call here at Hugh McElvanna Menswear and book in for a suit fitting. Click here to contact us.
To keep up to date with all of our news and updates here at Hugh McElvanna Menswear, please be sure to follow us on our social media channels: Facebook & Instagram